Greetings Mortals! This is a randon collection of articles relating to all thing gaming. All areas will be covered from console games and PC games to Table top wargames like WHFB & WH40K.

You can help support this blog by just visiting our advertisers websites so please do.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Details & Expansion

After picking the imperial guard as my new list I soon decided that I wouldn't be going with the standard paint scheme. Having recently read the excellent "Chapters Due" by Grahame McNeill I decided to paint them up as Maccrage PDF. The Guards are going to be painted Ultramarine Blue/ Kommando Kahki while I will try to copy the camo pattern below onto the vehicles.

Photobucket
Proposed Pattern

While I was coming to this conclusion it got me thinking about an Apocolypse expansion but rather than just add more guard I was thinking I would add some space marines (Ultramarines to be exact) and of course a superheavy. So what I decided was I would do up a 1750 ETC legal Space Marine List so that when it was added to the Imperial Guard it would come to 3500 points. All I had to do then was add in a baneblade @ 500 Points and it would produce a nice themed 4000 point Apoc force. The Defenders of Maccrage will be born.

So without further ado I dug up my copy of the Space Marine Codex and began to work. This is the list I came up with:

HQ

Space Marine Captain 100
Artificer Armour 15
Plasma Pistol & Relic Blade 45

Command Squad 115
Champion & Std Bearer Upgrades 30
Meltagun & Power-Fist 35
Rhino C/W Extra Armour 50

Librarian (Powers TBC) 100
Terminator Armour & Storm Bolter 30


Elites
Dread C/W M/Melta in Drop-Pod 140

Assault Termies in Drop-Pod (Lead by Librarian) 235


Troops
10 Man Tactical Squad 170
Missile Launcher
Melta 5
Powerfist 25
Razorback 40

10 Man Tactical Squad 170
Missile Launcher
Melta 5
Powerfist 25
Razorback 40

Scouts Squad C/W Sniper Rifles 75
Camo Cloaks 15


Fast Attack
Land Speeder C/W HF & M/Melta 70 140

Land Speeder C/W HF & M/Melta 70 140


TOTAL 1745

Now I have some of the models for this already such as 1 Drop pod, the command Squad, the Dread and the commander (Cato Sicarrius model) so all I need to buy for this is the Termi Librarian, the Assault Termi's, 2 Tactical Squads, 1 scout squad, 4 land speeders, 1 drop pod, 1 Rhino, 2 Razorbacks & of course the Baneblade.

Till next time

KD

No comments:

Post a Comment