Greetings Mortals! This is a randon collection of articles relating to all thing gaming. All areas will be covered from console games and PC games to Table top wargames like WHFB & WH40K.

You can help support this blog by just visiting our advertisers websites so please do.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Imperial Guard List

I was tinkering around with the IG codex over the last few days and this is the list I came up with. Its 1750 points as that is the size I usually play. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

HQ

1 Company Command Squad 50
1 Power Weapon & Plasma Pistol 20
1 Vox Unit 5
1 MediPack 30
2 Melta Guns 10 20
1 Carapace Armour Upgrade 20
1 Astropath 30
1 Master of the Fleet 30
2 Body Guards 15 30
1 Chimera Transport C/W Extra Armour 70

1 Tech Priest 45


Troops
1 Veteran Squad 70
3 Melta Guns 10 30
1 Vox Unit 5
1 Chimera Transport C/W Extra Armour 70

1 Veteran Squad 70
3 Flamers 5 15
1 Vox Unit 5
1 Chimera Transport C/W Extra Armour 70

1 Veteran Squad 70
3 Melta Guns 10 30
1 Grenadiers Upgrade 30
1 Vox Unit 5

1 Veteran Squad 70
3 Melta Guns 10 30
1 Grenadiers Upgrade 30
1 Vox Unit 5


Fast Attack

1 Vendetta Gunship 130

1 Vendetta Gunship 130

Heavy Support

2 Hydra Flak Tanks 75 150

1 Leman Russ Vanquisher 155
1 Knight Commander Paige 50

1 Leman Russ Punisher 180

TOTAL 1750

Once I get back into the workforce I fully intend to collect this army. The only problem is the punisher Leman Russ unless I can come up with a cheap conversion I think I will have to buy a Forgeworld upgrade kit (if available) so any suggestions on that front would be appreciated.

PS: After checking the forgeworld & GW sites it turns out that the Leman Russ Demolisher Kit includes the parts for a punisher tank. Problem Solved! But apparently there is no plastic hydra tank so I will have to go to Forgeworld for that :( (Cha Ching serious bucks)

Based on the GW site prices, all the above (except the Hydras) will cost almost me almost €400. Plus probably another €30 on sprays and glue. So all in all it will probably cost about €500 in total.

I knew I should have taken up tiddley winks :)

Till next time

KD

1 comment:

  1. Hi khorne dog, just reading your post now. my two cents is the hydras can be got using GI joe toys from smiths or toymasters for 10 euro. ditto for most of the IG vechicles. If you put your mind to it most of the list could be made using cheaper non union equivalents

    ReplyDelete